Friday, March 5, 2010

Nick's Birthday

Nicky turned 10 a couple of days ago. Where on earth has the time gone? I clearly remember the moment he was born, after a very long and difficult delivery, the mid-wife placed him on my chest. He raised his head and looked straight at me. I remember two things. One, thinking. "hey, he shouldn't be able to do that should he?" and two... "That just came out of ME????" The mid-wives were laughing and I remember the one saying "look at her face!" I was incredulous. And it showed.

Now, that tiny little baby is almost up to my chin in height. It is amazing. I miss the baby, but I love having a older boy too. So very thankful for the years God has given him to us. Praying for his continued spiritual growth and development. Happy Birthday Nick!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you post...We love your Nick, your - and our-BIG boy...Mom C

Helms said...

Please keep posting. It makes me feel more connected to you. I love all the stories and anecdotes. Happy Birthday dear Nick Nick. You are the leader of the pack!