Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Opps.

Tim is leaving on Thursday for an elders retreat. I was actually looking forward to some downtime between Tim's parents leaving and then them coming back on the return trip back down to Atlanta. However... God had other plans.

We have some friends who, about 6 years ago moved out to Saskatoon. They emailed a couple of months ago telling us that they were going to be in the area and Tim told them they could stay with us if they needed to. They said sure, and either Tim lost the email, or they forgot to tell us the dates they were coming, because we got an email last night at 9:00 telling us they would be here Thursday. They have four kids.

I started to panic as I looked around my messy, unclean house (which was going to be dealt with Friday before Tim's parents come back) and realize I have no food to feed 11 people, no beds to put them in, and likely not enough sheets or pillows!!!!

I am so glad they are coming to stay with us, it will be so wonderful to see them again. I love being hospitable, but realize that while I have grown a ton in this area, I like it on my own terms. When I have warning to prepare. So, God is stretching me again today, as I run around doing my best to make sure everything is ready for them (sheets, pillows, beds towels and food!) so that they feel welcome.

We are heading out to Kim and Jason's on Tuesday night for a good old Sanctuary home church reunion, which will be a blast. Nick is over the moon he gets to see Liam again. How cool is that?

On a side note, it is cold enough to snow here already. I think we are going to have 6 months of winter this year, which is miserable. I had to dig out the winter coats a couple of days ago, and the kids are walking to school with hats and mitts already.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Hmmm...rainy here but not cold. I understand the always wanting to be prepared before people come over. I am the same way!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are always a wonderful hostess! MomC