Monday, October 12, 2009

This and That

We have had a busy weekend. Tim and his dad took out our old ratty path, and put in a beautiful new path complete with a new patio. I love the way it looks, and spent the day today finishing off the garden in the front. It looks good. In the spring we will buy (or if we can find one on sale now) a little rod iron pair of chairs and a little table. I've finished redecorating the kitchen, I just need to finish the caulking around the sink. And after that, I'll have to turn my attention to more mundane things! I'm so pleased with the way the house is looking. And so much more organized!

We spent Sunday night at my mom's for thanksgiving, and had a fairly quiet day today. All in all it was a good weekend.

We have no news on the dog front. I still want one, we are just waiting till we are comfortable with getting one. Tim wants to wait until the new year at this point. Makes sense as we have a big trip planned later in the year, and would have to figure something out for the dog.

I'm looking forward to the start of mens and ladies this week. I am going to try and read the chapter ahead, as I don't do very well thinking on the fly, and prefer to go in prepared so I can at least pretend to sound intelligent. I'm not sure how I'm going to find reading the chapter out loud, I generally dislike that format, but I'm sure that the discussion will be interesting.

Tim got confirmation from the publisher he wants to work with. They made most of the concessions on the contract he wanted. So, he still has to sign the paper, but it looks like we have a book contract. Exciting, and daunting.

Tim is reading Lord of the Rings to the kids, and the nighttime, school routine is moving along. I'm looking forward to being back into our routine , the kids function so much better under it. Night all.

4 comments:

Johannah said...

You're getting a dog too! Puppy? Or adoption, like us.
You guys have to come stay sometime...

Aileen said...

I'm so jealous of yours... but two huge dogs wouldn't do too well in a townhouse! We want to adopt like you guys did, I'd rather not do the puppy route. And, we would love to come and see you guys. We'll have to work it in somehow, I've often thought how crazy it is that we don't see each other enough.

Grace said...

Still waiting for pictures...

Anonymous said...

Glad you are happy with your patio....